COVID-19 Safety Measures
This is a challenging time for all of us. I understand the uncertainty that many of us are feeling during this difficult period. You may have concerns visiting a dental office during this time. Therefore, I have prepared some information you may need to feel routinely safe during your visit.
First, I would like to assure you that the health and safety of all our patients, staff, and community is our top priority.
We have always followed strict universal precautions as outlined by the CDC and OSHA standards to protect our patients and team members from the many infectious diseases including the Coronavirus.
Dentists and their staff are routinely exposed to infectious diseases. Therefore, we are aware of patients concerns. These universal precautions are taken for the patient as well as for the dental staff.
These Universal Precautions include:
- Strict handwashing protocol
- Wearing single-use masks and gloves
- Use of disposable products when possible
- All instruments must be ultrasonically cleaned and placed in a high-pressured sterilizer (this process kills all infectious organisms including the Coronavirus)
- After every patient visit, we clean and disinfect the treatment room (all surfaces and dental chair) with a hospital/medical grade disinfectant that kills all infectious diseases including the Coronavirus
- The dental drills are cleaned and lubricated in a special machine and then are sterilized
- Before you are brought in for your treatment the room is set up and organized for your scheduled procedure. This avoids cross-contamination during your visit
- Besides the Universal precautions, we will be implementing extra measures to further protect all our patients and team members. These measures will be taken as long as necessary.
- All team members including the doctor will be screened and temperatures taken daily
- All patients will be thoroughly be pre-screened by phone before their appointment
- To comply with social distancing, we want to avoid patients sitting in the waiting room. When you arrive for your appointment, simply call from your car to let us know you are here. We will let you know if we are ready to seat you in your personal treatment room.
- All patients will have their temperature checked with a touch less infrared thermometer
- All door handles and front desk areas will be disinfected regularly throughout each day
- After careful research, we have added additional lines of protection by purchasing state of the art air purification equipment. The equipment will be placed in each treatment room and common areas. These measures are above and beyond any Federal or State mandates or recommendations. We are taking this initiative to ensure a safe environment.
Each treatment room will have:
- Medical grade air filtration system
- Medical grade air disinfectant that is used in hospital operating rooms. This kills all infectious organisms in the air including the coronavirus
- A suction unit that extends close to the patient and team member while treatment is rendered. In essence, it will create negative pressure around the treatment area and evacuates all aerosol from the area. This unit has HEPA hospital-grade filters and UV light to kill and capture aerosol from the treatment field. This unit has been utilized in Europe and just received FDA clearance in the U.S.A.
We would be happy to answer any questions concerning the steps we are taking. Also, we would welcome any suggestions or thoughts you may have.
We recognize that this is a time filled with uncertainties for everyone, but we want to assure you that our commitment is to provide you a safe environment to receive the dental care you expect.
Stay safe and healthy and looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
Yours for better health,
Peter Tsatsaronis D.M.D. & Staff